City of Allentown Parks & Recreation
Skip to nav
The Allentown Department of Parks & Recreation’s fall Queen of the Court basketball program will be offered Tuesdays and Thursdays from October 5 – November 18 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the South Mountain Middle School gym. This free seven-week basketball fundamentals program is offered to girls in 5th through 8th grade that attend school in Allentown.
Queen of the Court is an opportunity to learn the skills of basketball in a relaxed, fun, and friendly environment. Now in its 11th series, past participants have made significant improvements in their skill sets in basketball and in the classroom.
Coach Brit Kholi and her team of coaches use basketball to teach life skills, confidence, teamwork, and empowerment. Queen of the Court introduces the game of basketball to beginners and helps refine the efforts of more skilled players. Coach Kholi has been honored for her work by the Pennsylvania General Assembly.
“Any young girls in the city interested in learning and improving their basketball and life skills should take advantage of this free,” said Mayor Ray O’Connell. “The city is pleased to partner with the school district to make this program available to the girls.”
Pre-registration is required at www.allentownparksandrec.com. Parents will need to create an account, receive approval, and then register their child before the start of the program.
The program returns to the court this fall after offering virtual pre-recorded workouts in the fall of 2020 and this past spring due to the pandemic. The program will follow Pennsylvania Department of Health and CDC guidelines to make activities as safe and fun as possible for all participants.
South Mountain Middle School is located at 709 W. Emmaus Ave. Allentown, PA 18103. The entrance to the gymnasium is on Church Street.
For more information, please contact the City of Allentown Department of Parks & Recreation at (610)437-7750 or visit us at www.allentownparksandrec.com.
Location: South Mountain Middle School (Gymnasium)
709 W. Emmaus Ave.
Allentown, PA 18102
Date: October 5 - November 18
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Face coverings/masks are required during practices.
It is recommended that each player bring their own water bottle.
Spectators are not permitted in the gym (Coaches, staff, and player only)
Reducing Risk of Disease Transmission for Coaches and Players
- Participants, please do not attend practice if you have been ill or have any signs of illness within 24 hours prior to practice (fever, cough, breathing difficulties/shortness of breath or other symptoms). Please do not attend practice if you are ill, have been ill, or if you have been in close contact with someone who is ill.
- Coaches and players must wear cloth face coverings or a mask while in Allentown School District facilities.
- Coaches and players must perform hand hygiene using soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- At a minimum, hand hygiene should be performed before and after practice.
Reducing Risk of Disease Transmission for Coaches and players:
- Every player must wear face covering/mask during practice.
- Coaches and students should cough or sneeze into a tissue or elbow, immediately disposed of soiled tissue and practice hand hygiene.
- Coaches and players should avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth. Use hand hygiene when not able.
- Provide disinfectant wipes to disinfect high touch surfaces such as doorknobs, switches, handles, counters and other surfaces.
Fall 2021 QOTC at SMMS