The King of the Court basketball program will offer its 1st in person session in the fall of 2021!
This free eight week basketball fundamentals program is offered to boys in 5th through 8th grades that attend school in Allentown. King of the Court is a great opportunity for young boys to learn the game of basketball from local youth and high school coaches in a fun, relaxed environment.
Sessions will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00pm beginning October 4th and ending on November 24th, 2021. Monday sessions will take place in the South Mountain Middle School gym and Wednesday sessions will take place in the Trexler Middle School gym.
The program will follow Pennsylvania Department of Health and CDC guidelines to make activities as safe and fun as possible for all participants.
South Mountain Middle School (Gymnasium)
709 W. Emmaus Ave.
Allentown, PA 18103
Trexler Middle School (Gymnasium)
851 N. 15th St.
Allentown, PA 18102
Date: October 4 through November 24
Mondays & Wednesdays
- Face coverings/masks are required during practices.
- It is recommended that each player bring their own water bottle.
- Spectators are not permitted in the gym (Coaches, staff, and player only)
Reducing Risk of Disease Transmission for Coaches and Players
- Participants, please do not attend practice if you have been ill or have any signs of illness within 24 hours prior to practice (fever, cough, breathing difficulties/shortness of breath or other symptoms). Please do not attend practice if you are ill, have been ill, or if you have been in close contact with someone who is ill.
- Coaches and players must wear cloth face coverings or a mask while in Allentown School District facilities.
- Coaches and players must perform hand hygiene using soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- At a minimum, hand hygiene should be performed before and after practice.
Reducing Risk of Disease Transmission for Coaches and players:
- Every player must wear face covering/mask during practice.
- Coaches and students should cough or sneeze into a tissue or elbow, immediately disposed of soiled tissue and practice hand hygiene.
- Coaches and players should avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth. Use hand hygiene when not able.
- Provide disinfectant wipes to disinfect high touch surfaces such as doorknobs, switches, handles, counters and other surfaces.